On behalf of our Victoria BC full-service law firm client, we are seeking a Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant with intermediate to senior level of corporate/commercial experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Intimate knowledge of ALF & BC Online paired with strong technical skills (MS Office)
- Ability to prioritize a busy workload in a corporate/commercial practice
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to collaborate on group projects, mentor junior paralegals and staff and also work independently and directly with clients
- Handle routine corporate maintenance and commercial matters for various corporate minute books (BC, federal and EPRs)
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of rectification resolutions, conduct, and review public searches in connection with due diligence matters
- Prepare, draft and review correspondences and legal documents (precedents, basic to complex corporate commercial and other corporate transactions etc.,) as well as revising any ancillary documents for large transactions
- File preparation and management including opening and closing client files
- Time entry, billings, and receivable follow-up.
- Incorporation of provincial and federal corporations, extra-provincial registrations, business registrations, change of name registrations
- Liaise with clients and other external parties
- Other duties pertaining to the role, as required.
- Working knowledge of laws/legislation relevant to the practice area, including British Columbia Business Corporations Act (BCBCA), Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA), Income Tax Act (Canada); and other relevant business organization statutes, legal terminology, forms and documents related to the corporate practice area.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certification and/or Paralegal Certification (in-progress or completed)
- Intermediate to Senior level experience as a Corporate Commercial LAA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.,), ALF, BC Online and LTSA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels of an organization, internally and externally
- The ability to practice sound discretion and judgment at all times
Our client will offer a top salary and full range of benefits – a signing bonus could also be available.
Please apply online in confidence or contact our office for a confidential conversation about this opportunity.
Refer a candidate and if we place that candidate, we share part of our placement fee with you for the referral. See “Earn a Referral Fee” for more details.