Our Vancouver law firm client is a busy and fast-growing litigation firm with offices in Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta. They specialize in employment law, as well as personal injury and disability law.
For their Vancouver office, we are looking for a full-time legal assistant with at least 3+ years of experience, particularly in the civil litigation process, including the Supreme Court Civil / Small Claims Rules, at the British Columbia Supreme Court and Provincial Court levels to work REMOTELY. Experience in employment law would be considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- keen organizational ability
- flexibility to work independently or as part of a team; and
- the ability to prioritize and meet urgent
Some of the tasks that you would be responsible for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing court documents to be filed and served
- Filing of court documents
- Booking mediations, examinations, pre-trials
- Editing correspondence and forwarding same to opposing counsel, and clients
- Booking calls for the lawyers; and,
- Serving documents on opposing
We are looking for someone responsive, eager to learn, adaptable, and enjoys a fast-paced, and fun, environment. The right candidate will be someone who can assist with all administrative duties from filing to handling trust transactions and is also very familiar with scheduling mediations, examinations, and pre-trials. Our client offers a full benefit package and competitive salary.
Our client is in a hybrid working model. A laptop computer will be provided. You will only need a home internet connection. Full training and onboarding will be provided.
Please apply online in confidence or contact our office for a confidential conversation about this opportunity.
Refer a candidate and if we place that candidate, we share part of our placement fee with you for the referral. See “Earn a Referral Fee” for more details.